Business Writing Tune-Up
Tune up your business writing!
Do you want to get better results from your writing?
In this course get tips, strategies, practice, tools, and feedback to quickly improve your communication and confidence.
Why “Tune-Up”? Because writing is a vehicle. Vehicles need ongoing maintenance, effective repairs, and easy-to-use tools to maintain performance. Learn from an expert how you can adjust your writing to continue to get great results.
This course is for you if you want to fine-tune your performance as a business communicator. If you write anything from email, reports, and letters to proposals, policies, and procedures. Business Writing Tune-Up will help you achieve your goals. (The course does not focus on creative writing such as scripts and advertising pieces.)
In the course, you apply the writing tips, tools, and strategies to your own writing and to common examples. You can take as much time as you need in a lesson. Just complete the course within 90 days of your registration.
- Use a strategy to plan and write any document. Know where to start every time.
- Get results by following best practices for email etiquette and efficiency.
- Eliminate extra words that slow readers down.
- Break up long, stringy sentences for quick understanding.
- Use formatting to highlight your key content.
- Recognize when and how to change from passive to active voice verbs.
- Use positive language to build relationships and defuse potential conflict.
- Choose the right language for any audience, including global readers.
- Recognize and eliminate common errors and bad writing habits.
You will work through 22 interactive lessons to tune up your writing. When you finish, you will complete three assignments that require formatting, revising, and writing from scratch, respectively. You will be able to compare your versions to sample solutions.
When you are ready, you will plan, write, and edit a piece of your own writing, applying what you have learned. Rachel will give you detailed, specific written feedback to help you recognize your strengths, and she will suggest things to do to make your writing even better.
Your learning materials in Business Writing Tune-Up include:
- 32-page course notebook
- Writer-to-Reader Planning Checklist
- 12-Point Editing Checklist
- 30-item online test on grammar, punctuation, and usage
- 5 resource articles
- PDF of the 292 slides featured in the presentations
Once you register, you will have 90 days to complete the course.
Good writing leads to great things. Enroll in Business Writing Tune-Up, and improve your writing immediately!
What Students Are Saying